Skip to main content

In my religion its forbidden ti meet the bride can i get 1 without meeting my fiancée

Denver, CO |

in my religion its forbidden ti meet the bride can i get 1 without meeting my fiancée

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Your question is incomplete. Can you "get one"? Fiancé visa? You should seek the guidance of an experienced immigration attorney.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.



The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Perhaps, you need to contact competent immigration counsel to help you prepare the application.

Gabriela M. Lopez, Esq.


If you're talking about the K-1 fiancee visa, it is normally a requirement that you meet your fiancee before you petition for the visa. But there is a waiver possible if meeting would violate your fiancee's culture or social practices. You could try seeking one of those waivers, and if that doesn't work the alternative is to marry first and then sponsor you fiancee (now wife) for an immigrant visa. I strongly recommend you hire a good immigration attorney to help you decide what to do and then help you with any visa petitions or applications you decide to file.

Christina Murdoch
Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
105 W. Madison St., Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 444-1940
(312) 444-1950 (fax)
"Like" us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:

Please visit our renovated website at, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.


Assuming you are referring to getting a fiancee visa, yes, it is possible to get a fiancee visa without meeting your fiancee in person. The usual rule is that to get a fiancee visa one must have met the fiance(e) in person. However, an exception to this rule may be made for religious or social customs that forbid fiancees from meeting prior to the wedding. See the link below for the requirements for a fiancee visa. I suggest you retain an attorney to help you with the application for a fiancee visa.

If you found this answer helpful, please mark it "helpful" or "best answer." Thank you! Laura Mandell, Gingell Immigration, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online: | Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


Get one what?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.