In Los Angeles Superior Court, the Court sustained defendant's demurrer to my entire complaint without leave to amend.

The Court ordered the defendants to give notice and to prepare an order and a judgment. I would like to file a motion for reconsideration. I understand that I have 10 days to file the motion yet, I am uncertain if the 10 days begin once I receive the Notice of the Court's ruling or once I receive the Court's SIGNED Order. Also, what is the page limitation for a motion for reconsideration?
Thank you so much

Motions for reconsideration are covered under section 1008 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
The time for filing is within 10 days after service upon the party of written notice of entry of the order.
The page limitation is the same as for other motions and is contained in the CCP & rules of court.
(I believe it is 8 pages - maybe 10, but you will have to check that yourself.)
From a practical standpoint, judges prefer motions to be brief.

I agree with Mr. Spirtos except it is my understanding that the page limitation is 15 pages. Memorandums that exceed 10 pages must contain a table of contents and authorities. See CRC 3.1113. BTW, unless you have new law or facts, that was not available when your opposition was filed, your motion for reconsideration is not well taken.

SINCE 1974. My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email because of my participation.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for advice and counsel. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br> <br> Michael R. Daymude, Esq., Sherman Oaks Galleria – Comerica Bank Building, 15303 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 900, Sherman Oaks, CA 91401-6150. Telephone: 818.971.9409 • Website: mrdaymude.com

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

You are right on the page limits. I hate doing tables of content/authorities, which is probably why I have the 10 page rule ingrained in my mind.

Michael Raymond Daymude

Michael Raymond Daymude

I agree, Nicholas. I don't think I have ever made a table of contents and authorities for a memorandum of P&As. I strive for brevity and, despite the lack of length, I can only recall one instance when I did not prevail on anything other than a discovery motion. It has been my experience that the judge splits the baby when multiple discovery issues are involved.

Re Motion for Reconsideration: Don't do it.
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/why-you-should-not-file-a--motion-for-reconsideration

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.