In Indiana , Can we sue BMV / DMV ?

Indianapolis, IN |

Their errors which can be proven but still suspended my license. Please advise. Thanks

NON-DUI, NON-trafiic related. BMV accused me of commiting fraud - Administrative law.

The short answer is yes; however, your question seems to be better addressed by fully utilizing the BMV's administrative review and appeals procedure. Keep in mind that there is a defense to certain lawsuits where an individual has filed suit without fully exhausting their administrative remedies.

I highly recommend contacting an attorney before taking any action against the BMV.

By using this website, you agree to the following additional terms of use. The materials provided are for informational purposes only. They are not offered as advice, legal or otherwise, nor should it be used in lieu of obtaining professional advice or services. If you would like such services, please contact Keffer Gilley Barnhart LLP at (317) 857-0160.

You need to go through the administrative appeal process. It is necessary before any suit can be filed. Also, there is a possible tort claim notice issue as well. I would suggest meeting with a local attorney asap to discuss