Skip to main content

In going over final divorce papers that were stamped and filed to put divorce on calendar there an error year filed

Buffalo, NY |

Initial summons etc this uncontested and have notarized affidavit from defendant. What do I do now says 1914 not 2014 yet all filing and rest states 2014

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 4


If the papers gets rejected you will have to refile.

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship


Get a new and corrected affidavit. File it.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.


If the Court contacts you fix the error. If not you can submit an Amended Judgment with an Affidavit explaining the error.

This for general information purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


I'm not sure I understand - are you saying the divorce judgment has an incorrect year, or the defendant's affidavit? If the defendant's affidavit, then it doesn't really matter so long as the judgment of divorce is correct. If the judgment of divorce is incorrect, then you may need to file a motion to re-settle. Speak to a divorce attorney in your area.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.