Skip to main content

In filling out forms, do I need to fill out the space for Alien Registration #? I'm a naturalized citizen already.

Brownsville, TX |

I'm filling out forms form G 325A, do i need to fill out Alien Registration #? I'm a naturalized citizen already. Thanks for the response

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 3


There is an A# on your naturalization certificate. Since it is available, it is generally recommended to fill in the information, although it is not an error to leave it blank either.

In any event, the I-130 petition if filed correctly will unequivocally label you as a U.S. citizen irrespective of the completion of that field on the G325A.

ATTN: ATTORNEYS: "YOU ARE AT YOUR VOTING LIMIT FOR THE CALENDAR MONTH" is the popup message from AVVO when pressing the "I agree" button for colleagues' answers since the evening of January 22. Please excuse this temporary breach of etiquette until Avvo gets it sorted out. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter, nor should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Yes you do. Your alien number is to be used any time you complete uscis forms that require it.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.


I generally fill in the A-number for my clients who are naturalized citizens.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer