Skip to main content

In cases would bail not apply?

Tucker, GA |

my nephews arecharged with armed rbbery and aggravated assault no evidence just a complaintant who said they did it. but they have not received bail why?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Armed robbery is classified as a serious violent felony and a magistrate court judge cannot set bond. In order to get bond your nephew would need to petition the superior court to set a bond. I would strongly encourage you to seek the advice of a lawyer. Armed robbery is punishable by 10-20 years or life and is not eligible for parole.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer