In California can a judge deduct from a child support calculation the hours a child is in school or in child care

Moreno Valley, CA |

in California can a judge deduct from a child support calculation the hours a child is in school or in child care so that I don't have to pay as much support?

No. That time is counted as part of the time the child is in the custody of the parent whose day it is. That parent is still responsible for the child even if she is in school.

Short answer: no. The expenses of a child which child support is intended to cover don't stop when the child goes to school. Does custodial parent's landlord not charge rent for that time? Does custodial parent's car insurer only charge for time child is actually in the car? Nice try, but no.

I agree. That time is usually credited to the parent who has the child within their care, custody, and control at the time despite the fact that they are not physically with the child for those hours.