In an assult case the judge ordered retitution held in abeyence what does this mean

Sandusky, MI |

It means the judge hasn't decided that issue yet and is holding it pending something.

The other attorney is correct that the judge hasn't made a final determination on the issue. Judges can hold issues in abeyance for a variety of reasons. In an assault case, a court hold restitution in abeyance if there are possible medical bills. I would also look to see if there are other charges like if any property damage occurred during the assault.

Sometimes it’s confusing for clients when judges use that terminology. It typically means the issue is one that will be decided at a later date. Oftentimes jail is held in abeyance and that means the time will not be served unless a certain condition isn't satisfied. Good luck