Skip to main content

In a divorce if there is not an agreement can the court system make one party sell the land if the other party does not want it?

Wadley, AL |

Both parties name is on the deed but it is not completely paid for and one party still lives on it.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 1


Divorce Law is one of the fields of law that is extremely state specific but generally if both sides don't agree on how to dispose of or divide their property, then the court always has the right to make the decision for them. You need to talk to a local Divorce Law attorney. Call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Domestic Relations or Divorce attorney near you. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to an attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please check the box below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer