Skip to main content

In 2010, I entered into a settlement (I wasn't a defendant) with my then-husband and the company from which he stole 2.58M

San Diego, CA |

At this settlement, we deeded over 16 of our 19 rental properties to the company. At that time, I was awarded 3 of the rental properties, my then-husband was awarded many IRAs, etc. Later I divorced my husband; he defaulted on the divorce action. Can I now file an action to be awarded half of the IRAs he was awarded, and, if I do, can he file for half of the three rental properties I now own?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am sorry that you are going through this, it seems that your marital esate was quite large and you are hinting that he committed fraud of some sort, please chat with a local attny and he or she will help you.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


I recommend asking your divorce atty. You will get confidential advice and someone who understands the full situation.

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.


Hello: I am a family law attorney in San Diego and would be happy to give you a free 30 minute consultation, just call my office to set up a time at 858-876-5421. To answer your question generally, yes, sometimes divorce judgments are revisited but there are restrictions. I look forward to speaking with you! Attorney Kathryn Felice