Import/Export suggestion

Boston, MA |

I have an EAD and planning to get an import and export license. I have been trying to set up a company that will do this. What is needed and how should I forward.

I think you better speak with a contractual/business attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Thanks Ms. Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

you are welcome. Good Luck

You should really consult your attorney for further information or assistance or retain counsel. Forming a business can be complex and is something you want properly done. Best of luck.

Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. (It lets us know how we are doing.) Attorney Kremer is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Please visit her Avvo profile for contact information. In accordance with Avvo guidelines, the following disclaimer applies to all responses given in this forum: The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.

Thanks Ms. Kremer. I will consult an attorney. I am still doing my homework and I'll be contacting an attorney soon.

Emma A. Kremer

Emma A. Kremer

That is a good idea. I wish you the best of luck with your business.

Not an immigration question.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This question has 2 parts: 1) Can I start a business and get an import/export license; and 2) Will me status as a non-citizen, under an EAD, prevent me or pose complications for me to start this business and obtain this license?

Unfortunately, it is difficult to advise you on this since you have given us very little facts. There are many factors and issues that may arise in starting a business, business formation, entity choice, tax consequences, and also in immigration. Immigration is a complicated area of practice.

I think your best bet here is to consult with an attorney who has experience in international trade - licensing for international business or sales. Immigration is a key part here though since I can only assume your status may be a factor in whether or not you are granted a license.

Thanks Mr. Hess. I'll consult with an attorney.

Alex R. Hess

Alex R. Hess

You're welcome - and best of luck with your business plan. It's always important to answer business formation and tax questions with a lawyer before you start the business. Often times people start a business (maybe even the wrong type), and then deal with licensing issues and tax issues later on. A little money and time with a lawyer now can save you a lot of money and time down the road.

I agree with you Mr. Hess. I still have not found an attorney to deal with. I'll certainly consult one before making any important decisions.