Skip to main content

Implied status for work?

Miami, FL |

My work permit expires April 15th, I got married to a citizen and already sent in all the paperwork. I received a letter acknowledging they received and are processing my case .. is there an implied status so I don't have to be out of work for the time while I get the new work permit?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No. You should have an unexpired employment card. Otherwise, you may be dismissed from your job.

For help in trying to seek expedited EAD processing schedule an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney or contact USCIS. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


No, but there is both implied and express prohibition under the US immigration law on working without employment authorization.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.