Impact of Connecticut DMV license suspension (for BAC test refusal) in Virginia?

Vienna, VA |

I'm from Virginia and got a first ever DUI in Connecticut. I avoided criminal charges because of the diversion program in CT, but there is a six-month DMV-imposed license suspension for refusing the BAC test. My question is what Virginia will do in response to the 6 month administrative (non-criminal) suspension in Connecticut.

Will Virginia just honor the Connecticut suspension or will it impose additional penalties even though there will be no conviction in Connecticut?

Virginia DMV response is not always consistent. I can tell you that a Refusal charge in Virginia carries a one year loss of license with no chance for a restricted license for that year. A first refusal in Virginia is also not a criminal offense, but civil.

Watch your mail. My best guess is that Virginia DMV will suspend your license for a year.