Skip to main content

Immigration question

Thousand Oaks, CA |


I filed an application for adjustment of status based on my marriage to a US citizen on 1/8/2013 . At the time we resided at in San Francisco, We moved to Los Angeles on February 15, 2013.
On 4/3/2013 we appeared for a one-step interview before USCIS, San Francisco District Office.
At the end of the interview and after asking us several routine questions and after the officer stamped the file and I signed application, he informed us that the file will be transferred to the San Fernando Valley Office for further processing in light of our move to the new district further.
He also informed us that the work permit was sent to the old address on 3/15/2013 .
By the way, i mailed the form AR-11 to the immigration .

My questions is :)
What's going to happen there :
Are they going to schedule a new interview or what ? And When can I hear from them ?

What I have to do for the work permit beside sending an email to them explaining that I moved ?

Thank you for your anticipated assistance in this important matter.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


The file will be reviewed anew
They may schedule interview. Or may not.
You will hear from them when they decide what to do - interview or approval or denial.
I don't know if an email will work for the EAD.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


Depends on what is in the file.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


It will up to the SFV office whether to grant your case, investigate your marriage of re-interview you. Make an InfoPass appointment regarding your work permit.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You are in a good company of many who wonder why they file AR11 yet the correspondence from USCIS is sent to the old address. As far as the rest of your question, you may or may not have a new interview. It depends on the local management

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.