Skip to main content

Immigration question

New York, NY |

I'm a social worker and have a clinical case with a young man who is terminal. He has days remaining. His dying wish is to see his father, who lives in The DR. He obtained a fraudulent visa to come stateside and his passage had taken him through Bahamas where he is being detained by customs (US), for the fake docs. Is there any legal way to grant him access to the States to say goodbye to his son?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 2


You may want to contact your Senators and Representatives.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree-contact your local Senator or House member.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer