Skip to main content

Immigration question: son born in Canada. Mom US citizen. US Passport ofc not accepting proof. Can he be deported?

Baltimore, MD |

Immigration question: Steve was born in Toronto, Canada. Mom is US citizen w Indiana birth certificate, but birth place is not listed on Long Form Birth Cert. Can he be deported? Should he apply for visa? Can he keep his job in US of 10 years? Were under witness victim protection w several murders in family. 1989 document lists my birthplace of LaPorte, Indiana but it is a photocopy. US passport refuses it. Service Ontario says sealed records, judges ruling stricken from all records in the name of protection. Yet they did not forward my birthplace on current records and refuse to change anything because under 1989 ruling the records were totally wiped out. "Would not happen that way in this day and age", but it sure happening to us! Please call mom, Heather Johnson 540-290-485

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Please remove the names/contact info above -- you want to keep your personal information as confidential as possible. About your question, you would need to have a long discussion with an immigration attorney to answer your question as there are a lot of moving parts here. Make an appointment and bring in all of your documents. Best of luck.

Jeff Khurgel
Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in All 50 States
Office (949) 509-6515

Immigration Attorney Jeff Khurgel* Assists Clients in all 50 States -- Call or email for a Consultation -- -- Contact information below. Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 / Irvine, CA 92612 / Office: (949) 509-6515 / Direct: (949) 535-6331 / Web: / Email: / *Attorney Khurgel is a former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer.


schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney immediately

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Any information provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer under an attorney-client privilege to further receive competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your case. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Mayra Calo at 813-915-1715


It seems like this may be resolved but you need to schedule a private consultation with an immigration attorney to figure it out as the details really matter here. Best of luck.


Schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer