Immigration Question : a Question about an overstayed period in US(I-94)

Santa Ana, CA |

Im not a us citizen. i was going to get married here in the US, and i overstayed my i-94 for over a year
the woman who i was about to marry cheated on me.
as a "condolence prize" she offered to marry me so i could stay here.
but i am a straight person and i refused her offer.
the only reason i stayed here was because of her. now, having no intentions of marrying her.
what are my options? should i just walk out the airport and kiss US goodbye for the next 10 years?
if it helps, i was not working all this time, and was living out of my savings ,Please help.
(im on a B-2 Visa)

Good for you for refusing to commit visa fraud.

Unfortunately, you don't really have options after overstaying. If you stay, you will be constantly worried that immigration might find you and will not be allowed to work or have a driver's license. If you leave, you'll be barred to return for 10 years, unless you become eligible for a waiver down the road.

Tough call.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with my colleague. Having overstayed the length of time you did, you are barred from returning for 10 years unless you qualify for a waiver. Based on the limited info provided here you may not qualify for a waiver. It's best to speak with an immigration attorney in order to consider all your options. Good luck!

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer or select it as Best Answer. It’s easy and much appreciated. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges. We can be visited on the web at www.ghazialawgroup.com or call (818)839-6644.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, goodbye will be long, based on your facts. You will be bared for 10 years from reentering unless the bar is waived.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Thank you for your reply.