Skip to main content

Immigration process border crossing

Byhalia, MS |

im from Canada and me my girlfriend want get married go through u.s immigration process we wondering if you can live in portal nd and work in Canada or is there rule that you cant leave state well doing process

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You are talking about a 'reverse' US/Canadian Commuter greencard. Meet with an immigration attorney .. there are many good ones in ND and MN (where I practice.)

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


You generally cannot work in the USA without authorization to do so. Beginning in 1988, individuals working in professions identified in the Canada - United States Free Trade Agreement are able to obtain TN status for legal work in the United States and Canada.


I agree with attorney Capriotti.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.