Skip to main content

Immigration Officer => Judge => BIA => What Next?

Atlanta, GA |


I am trying to understand the appeal process for I 751 good faith marriage waiver. I am aware that once an immigration officer denies a waiver petition an immigrant can go in front of the judge followed by Board of Immigration Appeals. In case Board of Immigration appeals also denies the waiver. Are there any further courts or elsewhere an immigrant can appeal? How much time does it take in the whole process i.e. how much time does judge take to make a final decision, how much time does BIA take and so on?

Thank You for your time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You really do not want to go further than the IJ. BIA cases can take a year and maybe to a circuit court. Every city has a different time frame due to backlogs. No idea in Atlanta.


If the BIA denies your case you can take appeal the case to Federal Court.

This is not easy at all

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


Your case can be reviewed in federal court if there is a basis. See to it that all the issues are preserved in anticipaton of an appeal. You need to work with a lawyer who handles appellate matters.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer