Skip to main content

Immigration Marriage Fraud

Los Angeles, CA |

My friend committed Immigration marriage fraud in 2005 which was organized by a criminal network. The large sum of money they paid her was very alluring, and now she is about to do it again with same criminal gang. As a good citizen how and where can I report the first crime to stop her from doing it again?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can report this to ICE.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


ICE has fraud reporting phone number on ICE website. They are very helpful.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


In addition to ICE, you can also contact a local District Attorney. If anything, this may even work better.


As suggested by colleagues ICE and local DA but if a friend you may want to have a friendly talk with her to warn her of consequences of her decision.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended mor entered into and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients nor reprints them. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights regarding your case or matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer