Skip to main content

Immigration issue with Disorderly conduct - Misdemeanor 4 in Ohio

Akron, OH |

Is there going to be any immigration issue due to a disorderly conduct conviction... I was initially charged with Theft but was reduced to disorderly conduct - M4 ... Would that effect my re-enter chances to USA if i travel outside USA.?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No, it should not. Have a local immigration lawyer prepare a Motion of Point and Authorities to be presented to CBP upon your return to the US, at the airport. Also have the copy of your case's final disposition which you should get from the court.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


The Department of Homeland Security may initiate removal proceedings of an alien if convicted of an aggravated felony or a crime involving moral turpitude that is punishable by imprisonment of at least one year. If convicted of two crimes involving moral turpitude, the alien will be subject to removal. In addition, an alien may be subject to deportation if convicted of: any violation of a federal, state, or foreign law or regulation relating to a controlled substance; being a drug abuser or drug addict; involving in an offense related to a firearm or destructive device; an offense related to espionage, sabotage, or treason or sedition, if the offense is punishable by imprisonment of five years or more; is convicted of an offense under the Military Selective Service Actor the Trading with the Enemy Act; high-speed flight from an immigration checkpoint; threatening by mail the President, Vice President, or other officer in the line of presidential succession; a crime of domestic violence, stalking, child abuse, child neglect, or child abandonment; or violates a protection order related to violence or harassment.

Consult an immigration attorney.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney.


Not really. Try to stay away from trouble though.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


To get appropriate advice you must seek a consultation with an experienced attorney in your area. Your question needs a detailed analysis to answer what you would like to hear. Best Wishes.
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer