Immigration citizenship FBI name check

New York, NY |

This incident happened like two years ago. The FBI came to my house asking about a friend of mine that they were looking for. I told them what I know about him and they left. I never heard from them again. I am applying for my citizenship now, can that incident delay the FBI name check and cause my application to take longer to process?

Potentially, although the checks are security and background in so far as criminal activity. You should consult with an immigration attorney. The more important questions are were you ever arrested, were you ever convicted of a crime? Good luck.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at jlorenzon@lorenzonlaw.com. All initial constulations are free.

Hard to say without more information as to what they were looking for and your connection to the person.

My connection to him is that he was just a friend. They were looking for him because they thought he was going to hurt himself so they were asking everyone about him.

While it is not likely that this will be an issue, there may be an issue that might "delay" your Citizenship case if you were implicated with regard to matter of great interest to the FBI. We have found this to be the case in many matters that we have handled. In fat, we had one where we had to fight a great deal to prove that the individual had nothing to do with the case under investigation. The issue would likely be whether or or not you were investigated yourself (implicated) or whether you may have just been a witness. This would be hard for you to discern based upon the information that you have provided. You may want to use legal counsel for your Naturalization Application.

They were looking for someone and they asked everyone that had contact with that person about his whereabouts. That person was not involved in any crime, they were looking form him because they thought he might harm herself and they asked me if I know where he is and I told them everything I know about him and that was it.

David H Nachman

David H Nachman

You probably will not have an issue but rest assured, if you do, there are immigration lawyers that would be able to assist you.

Possibly. If your name is connected with an investigation. There is no way to know until you apply.

-----------
Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
Board Certified Immigration Attorney
Devore Law Group, P.A.
2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Telephone: (561) 478-5353
Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
web: www.devorelawgroup.com

all they did was just ask me some question about a person that I use to know. They were concerned about his safety because he is suffering from PTSD it was not anything criminal.