Immigration

New York, NY |

I had master hearing and my clock is stop, my attorney doesnt know why my clock is stopped. Why it happened? What can be done?

Best Answer

Some of the judges stop the clock if your record is not seal. Its possible that your attorney said that he will provide more supporting document for your case and some judges dont seal record and stop the clock. Ask your lawyer whether or not he sealed the record. Otherwise he must write a letter to the judge to release the clock.

thank you

There is not enough information in your question to give you an answer. The clock could be stopped for something as simple as the case being adjourned. Your attorney should be able to tell you why the clock is stopped.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

Have to speak with your lawyer, he knows all the facts of your case.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

My colleagues are correct. You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can advocate for you to the Immigration Court as well as provide you with a legal opinion. The Federal Government has an attorney who advocates for them and thus it is always advisable the alien also have legal counsel to assist.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

C. C. Abbott

C. C. Abbott

"experienced"

The clock is stopped if you cause a delay by asking for continuance.

Jennifer Doerrie

Jennifer Doerrie

In the jurisdictions where I have practiced, the clock also may be stopped if the attorney and/or applicant decide to have the case scheduled on the regular court docket instead of accepting a fast-tracked hearing date. Although not a direct request for a continuance, it is treated similarly.