Immigration!

Which immigration attorney has the highest fees in Los Angeles?

I know my question is broad and it depends case to case but we all know about branding.... like a car is a car, there is KIA also and a BMW also.

So, in general who has the highest fees? I have this absurd notion that Costliest is the best!

Best Answer

The most expensive lawyers are typically the business immigration lawyers with thirty plus years of practice that have midtown offices on the penthouse level of skyscrapers and offices in more than one place. Good luck!

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks a lot Atty Murphy.Can you give any referral for an Atty in Los Angeles, who specializes in Marriage based Adjustment of Status case?.The petitioner is on a student visa.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Most immigration attorneys handle these types of cases. I suggest looking at the American Immigration Lawyers Association website at www.AILA.org. You can check in your geographic area. You can also call the local county bar association, they probably have an immigration section. In California immigration attorneys can be certified. This type of case can also be handled by an immigration attorney from anywhere in the US. Many filings are done by mail as is the preparation and signing by the client. You can also follow the instructions provided with the applications from USCIS and are not required to use an attorney at all. Some cases are best handled by an attorney if there are complicating issues.

I really appreciate your in depth guidance Atty Murphy.I read about it and came to know that an Attorney can accompany the client to the interview as well,though he/she is not allowed to speak.But i think that's very good and so much comfortable for the client to go through the interview process by having an attorney on the side.

O.K. - While its true that you get what you pay for, I'm not sure if "overpaying" necessarily gets you the best.

Its my belief that there are 3 types of immigration clients that use attorneys:

1. Those who have straight forward cases but don't have the sophistication and/or language abilities to do it themselves (though I've seen a lot of smart and sophisticated people screw up their own cases!);

2. Those who are quite capable of doing it by themselves but have too many other "important" things, like making money, work, family, and living with less stress, that they hire a lawyer to do it right and do it fast (as opposed to learning how to do it on their own or spouse's case);

3. And those who really really need a lawyer.

There are also different types of immigration lawyers.... but I won't go into that.

However, if you believe the best is the most expensive, please let me know and I'll double my legal fees just for you :) !!! (P.S. I hear KIA's aren't that bad a car - though I drive a BMW).

Ron Tasoff

Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
Encino, California 91436
(818) 788-8900
ron@tasoff.com
www.tasoff.com

Impossible to answer your question. It depends on the specific case and the lawyer's experience. There are some fantastic immigration attorneys in California and the rest of the US. Because immigration law is federal, we get to practice across border lines. Bottom line, fees do not matter. What really matters is how confident and comfortable you feel about your attorney representing you.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Thanks a lot Atty Guerra.Can you give any referral for an Atty in Los Angeles, who specializes in Marriage based Adjustment of Status case.The petitioner is on a student visa.

Luis Alberto Guerra

Luis Alberto Guerra

Attorney Ron Tasoff (who also answered your question) happens to work in CA.

Thanks a lot Sir,for sure i am going to talk to him as he is experienced and Board certified too.

I agree with my colleagues. You should not hire an attorney based on fee alone. If you still would like to hire the law firm with highest fee, you probably need to hire one of those large international law firms.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

I charge $425 for a 30-minute legal consultation.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

That's the most expensive i have came to know since yesterday,thanks Atty Shusterman. How much you charge(rough estimate) for marriage based AOS petitions? Regards, K.S!

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

$2,500 - $3,500

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Please see http://shusterman.com/howtoselectanimmigrationattorneyvideo.html

Thanks, again Sir for the valuable information.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

You are very welcome.

Respected Atty Shusterman, Do you travel to marriage based green card interviews across U.S. like in Houston?