Skip to main content

Immigration, Petition for Alien Relative.

Saint Louis, MO |

My wife want to file partition for her parents, she is green card holder there is one issue we are concern about. Her father name is missed spell on all her documents including her passport. Is there any way we can get this corrected?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is up to her government to correct her passport.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


The USCIS must rectify that inadvertent mistake.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602


I agree with my colleagues. She may request a misspelling to be corrected on her own documents. However if this is not so easily corrected by USCIS, she may need to get the original documents corrected first. This would involve contacting the issuing agencies from her country. The consulate may be able to provide some assistance.