Skip to main content

Imigration reform

Ephrata, PA |

I m american citzen and i have a daugther with 29 years old and she is divorced
Do you think that is important apply for her green card immediately?
Because with the imigration reform she is qualified for all the imigration request.
My doubt is: if she apply by me, could it help when the imigration reform comes up? or it doesn't have any influence?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Green cards
Attorney answers 4


We don't know what or when the immigration reform will bring so practically speaking your considerations should be based on current laws.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


although you can file the I-130 for your daughter, whether or not she will be able to get her green card is a completely different story which will depend on many other factors. I suggest a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss options

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


The reform is only now being discussed. At best, it is in its initial stages. To assess your options at this moment, you should contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.



well, i m sorry but the answers didn t toke my doubt away...i just ask if is important apply immediately for her, and if it could happen when the imigration reform comes up.....


Petitioning her would not hurt.

See links below:

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.