Im wanting to know if i can sue dcfs for allowing me to get molested along with others in the foster home?

Chicago, IL |

i was molested with two other foster sisters .i got fed up one day and my grandmother took me to file a police report i then was taken out the home but since someone supposedley sighned something saying it wasnt true i cant get my voice heard and i want justice now that i am an adult i know theres something that can be done please help

I am very sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, suing DCFS will get you nowhere.

I am very sorry this happened to you and others. It is doubly troubling when the people or agencies designated to protect you only act to deny you your voice.

There are attorneys who represent adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I don't know that I have seen any of them post on Avvo. I did answer a question a few days ago with links to attorneys who handle those cases in Pennsylvania. Either search Avvo.com for that answer or use your usual search engine to find "Illinois adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse lawyers".

I wish you success in seeking justice and emotional resolution for your injuries.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your area who regularly practices in the subject matter which your question is about. You should develop an attorney client relationship with the lawyer of your choice so that your communications will be subject to the attorney client privilege and have the other benefits of a professional relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific matter as partially described in the question.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.