Skip to main content

Im trying to find out if my boyfriend has been arrested

Salem, MA |

Hi im a uk citizen and my boyfriend is living in the usa, i think he was arrested an hour ago please can you tell me how i find out
thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The best way of finding out if your boyfriend has been arrested would be to call the police department and ask if he is there. You can also wait and see if he calls you. If he was arrested in the morning you be brought into court before the end of the day to be arraigned. if it is a serious case the Commonwealth would likely be asking for bail, if it is a minor case he would most likely be released on his promise to appear again. You may also call the court where you think he may be in asked to speak to somebody in the clerk's office.
Best of luck


You should contact an attorney in the jurisdiction where the arrest may have occurred. The attorney can check in your behalf.

Does this answer your question?

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.