Skip to main content

Im still in pain from a work injury but the doctor released me?

Branson, MO |

i suffered a low back injury and have done PT and injections and meds but nothing is working the doctor released me without any further treatment or meds to help the pain... my question is is that right? am i supposed to live with the pain? ive been released to full duty with no restrictions but yet 4 months after my injury it is still painful to bend sit or stand ive told the doc bout these issues but he didnt seem to listen ive got a lawyer but they dont tell me anything either... its not right that ive been cut off my light duty assignment and am now unemployed bc the temp agency i worked for cant find anything for me i feel cheated and ignored by everyone

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to have a doctor disable you from work if you are claiming a work injury. Get a second medical opinion, maybe the first doctor is wrong?

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.



my lawyer said they "might" send me for an IME but that doesnt help me now when i cant sleep at night bc of the pain and ive seen 4 doctors... had mri that should a bulged disc which they call "mild" and some "mild" spondylosis that fact is im not trying to get out of work or any money i want to be able to play with my child i want to be able to work in the field of work i most enjoy but cant bc even tho the doc says no restrictions i know what my pain level is and what i can and cant do its not right.... hopefully the IME will be able to get me some compensation to seek another form of treatment...

Bret A. Schnitzer

Bret A. Schnitzer


Oh, if you have an attorney, you should talk with them. I would discuss it with you, but you need to keep this between you and your attorney to protect your interests.


This sounds like a workers' compensation question, not personal injury. I will try to answer you on that basis- if it IS a personal injury question, things may be different.

If the company doctor releases you back to full duty and you can't do the job because of an injury, that is what workers compensation is for. You should hire an attorney immediately-you only get one chance to get this right!

You are entitled to a lump sum for the change in your ability due to the injury. It is not uncommon for an injury to put a worker out of work, and the law does not cover that completely. Hire an attorney, your case is too complicated for you to handle alone.

While we hope this information is helpful and informative, it should not be considered a substitute for legal advice. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Please contact us for a free consultation on your injury claim - there is never a fee unless we collect money for you.


You need to have a face-to-face conference with your workers compensation attorney. Explore getting further treatment paid for by the employer's workers compensation carrier. Sometimes you may be a candidate for "work hardening" or other occupational therapy which may help you. Discuss all of this with your attorney.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer