Skip to main content

Im pregnant was in a car accident having back pains and x- rays was done while pregnant bruises on the body and pain can i sue?

Camden, NJ |

I recently got in a car accident in phildelphia pa but live in NJ. The car hit me on my left side on the driver side door at a fast speed while i was driving straight and the impact also caused my car to hit the front of my car against the highway rails now my car is totaled. Waiting on the insurance company to contact me back what going to happen next they said they will send a estimater to look at my car cause it was towed. I went to the emergency room the next day because of the pain onmy back they only did xray on my lower back they really didnt help finding out the reason for pain and they took a urine test and said i wasnt pregnant then i took a couple of pregnancy test a week later and i am pregnant and the hospital did a xray on me i dont know if i should be concern about that als

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact a personal injury attorney ASAP. The consultation will be free; and if he takes the case, the fee will not be owed unless he gets you money.

As for the pregnancy, see your doctor to confirm the test. False positives are always possible.


I have had a few cases where this happened to clients, for all of them the x-rays ended up not causing any issues, but you have a right to be concerned, You should contact an attorney to help you assess your rights. That attorney will sign you up as a client, and then watch over your medical care and treatment, and help protect your rights. There will be no cost to you for this representation.,

Each case is fact senstive, so all answers should be viewed as general advice only, and should never replace a thorough and in depth consultation with an experienced attorney. Further, an answer should not be seen as establishing an attorney-client relationship.

Ross Begelman

Ross Begelman


While I agree with this answer, I also feel that it is very important for you to see an attorney who practices Negligence PI law in both states. We practice PI law in both states and would be glad to talk to you. You can contact any lawyer, but again find one who practices in both states. It is important to coordinate your rights.. Your medical treatment should be close to where you live, as should your attorney. The suit may need to be filed in Pennsylvania , but depending on the facts that is a decision for the attorney and you to make. There are many fine attorneys who practice in both states. Pick somebody you feel good with and about.


Bottom line is you need a top-rated Philadelphia lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice.


Often in cases where a injured woman is pregnant you may be able to obtain treatment. However any further testing (mris) etc has to wait until after delivery. If you continue to have pain make sure to tell all of your doctors so it is documented and you can get care later on. My firm is located in Camden County feel free to call and discuss further. 856-577-9138

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer