Im petitioning my wife from philippines, and we are going deployment around may. Can i request for expedition of the petition?

Everett, WA |
Filed under: Immigration

I am assuming you are in the US military or armed forces. You can attach a copy of your orders and CIS should make an accommodation in expediting your petition.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Thanks... Doni need to attach a request letter? If yes how is the format? Thank you...

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Yes, just a normal letter identifying you and your spouse by names, receipt #s and A#s. Attach the orders and explain that you are asking for an expedited interview. My experience has always been that CIS accommodates such requests from active duty military personnel.

I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

agree with respectful answers

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016