Skip to main content

Im on misdemeanor probation for an assault charge. i have never been convicted of any crime involving drugs or alcohol,

Hyde Park, NY |

but i just got arrested for a dwi last night. i blew a .11 its a misdemeanor, and i called my officer today, he ensured me that i was a good kid and that he would not send me back to jail, but there is other things we must do. some other form of punishment. i go to court in about a month for this dwi, do you think the probation officer is lieing and will send me back to jail, and if he sticks to his word and does not what do you think the punishment from the court will be? many people tell me it will probably be dropped to a a lower charge, and ill pay alot of fines. but do you think jail time will come into play or not? i really hope not.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You did the right thing reporting your recent arrest to your probation officer. Now, you should retain a DWI lawyer to defend you on your new charges. He or she will probably be able to at least get the charge reduced to a DWAI if not out right dismissed depending on the specific facts and circumstances of your case. However, prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.He or she should also be able to assist you in resolving your probation issues. Good luck


You did the right thing. First, you are obligated to report any new criminal cases to your probation officer. If you failed to report the arrest and your probation officer found out about your arrest, he could easily violate your probation and lock you up pending a probation violation hearing. You most likely scored some points by being honest with your probation officer. Keep a good relationship with your probation officer and it will help you in the future.

Now go hire a DUI attorney.

Paul A. Bauer, III, Esquire

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer