Im on house arrest with a drug charge is it possible to get a bread and butter licence?

Mckeesport, PA |

i need it for work!

I'm assuming that the suspension that you are hoping to mitigate here was for your Drug Act conviction for which you are currently on house arrest. If that assumption is accurate you are not eligible for OLL until the suspension resulting fro the drug conviction is fully satisfied.

is there any drivers licence i can get?

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

I'm sorry to say No to that question. Unfortunately legislatures across the country have decided that imposing serious license consequences for all sorts of things that have nothing to do with driving a motor vehicle is evidence that they are tough on crime. In my opinion the unreasonable utilization of license suspension as punishment for criminal conduct only serves to encourage more criminal conduct.

i agree 100% the only reason i added house arrest was because it is needed only for work thank you so much!!!

is there any way i can privite message you?

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Sure. Go to my Profile Page by clicking on my name or picture. On that page near the top under the words "AVVO Rating" there a green button to enable a direct email. If for some reason that does not work out for you, post here again and I'll go to plan B

An Occupational Limited License is not available for suspensions imposed as a result of a Controlled Substances conviction.

is there any kind of licence?

Forest Dean Morgan

Forest Dean Morgan

Unfortunately, no. http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-oll.pdf

It is possible. Secure an experienced criminal defense attorney and they should be able to help you achieve your goal.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

If the license suspension is for a drug conviction, you're ensue will be suspended for 6 months. If you have an additional suspension, an attorney will be able to secure an occupational limited license.