Skip to main content

Im in texas on probation im homeless jobless i have nothing and no one i want to go home but no one will vouch for me in NC

Paris, TX |

i want to know if i just go back home if i can report when i get there and transfer everything after i relocate?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You must first get the Court's permission to allow courtesy supervision of your probation out of state and in another county. Probation there in Paris, Texas will then need to approve you and star making the arrangements. You will need an address and telephone number where they can reach you in North Carolina when you start the process. You will also need to waive extradition before you are granted permission to leave Texas. You will still be required to comply with all of the conditions of your probation. If you violate your probation, you will have to return or if arrested be returned to Texas to address any violation. Good luck.


There is an interstate compact that allows transfer of probation. Each state is a little different in terms of how long it takes. Talk to your PO. Good luck on your quest and hopefully you'll be home soon!


No. If you leave Texas without your probation being transferred in advance, your probation will be violated and a warrant will be issued.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer