Skip to main content

Im in a relationship with someone who is legally married but estranged looking to buy property but worry about the spouses right

Jeffersonville, IN |

they have not spoken in over 8 years but i worry if he were to pass or she just got greedy she could have rights to the property because they are still legally married

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your friend needs to speak to counsel about his rights and how to protect them. At present any property he would acquire is subject to determination if it is marital or not. As I am often in Court call my assistant Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should not be broadcast over the Internet.

This is a general answer and does not address the specifics of your individual case. To give the specific answer you need our firm needs you to come in for a consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer