Skip to main content

Im i eligiable for deferred action??

Las Vegas, NV |

Im 17 years old i was brought to USA when i was only 6 years ,im attending high school right now im about to be a senior, class 2013! Will i be able to get a work permit from deferred action? I have no crimital record at all , will i be able to obtain a work permit or i have to be 18 & have a high school diploma?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Looks like it. Congratulations!!! Keep in mind that this is not a permanent status, and much more advocacy work is going to be needed. But it looks like the program will work for you. For now, be careful about notaries and unethical attorneys who are already advertising in Las Vegas. I even heard about a lawyer who is giving away tickets to a big soccer match and promising that he can put people at the head of the line. This is a scam. There are no guidelines yet about what the application process will look like. But the process does have certain requirements and there could be possible unintended traps. You would be wise to have an attorney help you when the program is fully implemented. Feel free to contact me via AVVO for any further questions.



Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


It looks like you qualify. Just wait until the final rules are published and then you can apply.


It would appear that you qualfy. It is important that you have a well-prepared package, and therefore it is worth hiring a qualified attorney, because there will be no chnce to reapply or appeal if you arer denied. Also it may be important to apply right away because if Romeny gets elected he may discontinue the program. He may even stop the program while many applications are pending. However once you receive a permit it will remain valid untli its expiration.

I have the answers to many questions on my website, which will be continually updated;