Im getting charged with 1st degree burglary and child endangerment I have no priors how much time am I looking at?

Moreno Valley, CA |

You're facing a significant prison sentence, even with no prior criminal history. Call and speak with a lawyer directly ASAP.

Any statements I make in these forums (fora?) should not be taken as direct legal advice, merely informed guidance. This is true due to the anonymous nature of this venue, and the incomplete information which is invariably provided by the questions. It is imperative that you consult directly with an attorney regarding your specific situation before acting on or relying on anything represented here. Period.

Hard to say without knowing a lot more about the circumstances and about you (all of which is best discussed in a private consultation). The upper-term for a residential burglaryalone is 6yrs. Felony child endangerment if sentenced consecutively could add an additional 16 months. Give or take. These are serious charges. Consult with an attorney ASAP.

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy

Talk to an attorney ASAP. You could be looking upwards at 6 years.

Absolutely none if you are not convicted -- which is exactly what you should be striving for. Stop worrying about the worst case scenario. Put your resources into hiring an attorney and FIGHT!

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.

First degree burglary is a strike felony with a maximum exposure of six years. A conviction for child endangerment as a felony carries up to six years, but you would only get 1/3 the midterm if you were convicted if both charges, so really another 1.4 years. Thus, I'd say 7.4 years is your max.

As indicated by my colleagues, you are looking at 6 or more years as a maximum. However, get an attorney- you might not get any time.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

Unfortunately you are looking at a substantial amount of time in state prison. 1st degree burglary is a strike and a serious offense in California. My concern would be if someone was present in the house at the time of the burglary. You definitely need to consult with an attorney to see what your options are.