Skip to main content

Im being charged for burglary but the cops have no proof how can they do this?

Westfield, PA |

I am 18 years old and a shed up the road from my house was broken into and the neighbor saw my snowmobile sitting there and called the cops but when the cops came out my snowmobile was at my house and in the garage they have no proof of me being there or anything i was just simply riding my snowmobile and didn't want to take it across the main road so i left it sit there and then the shed was later broken into but i did not do it... and the cop then came to my house and search around my yard with a flashlight and they told me that if i don't admit to it they were still going to charge me for it and with a much severe charge how is this even right? so i just told them yeah i did it but i really didn't can they still charge me???

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You definitely need to hire a knowledgeable attorney. An affiant only needs probable cause to arrest you. There are many issues in your question that need addressed by a lawyer.


Being charged with a crime is not the same as being proven guilty. Consult immediately with a local PA criminal attorney - many on AVVO offer free initial consultations. Do not say anything further until discussing the complete facts with a criminal attorney.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


How they can do it is an amswer only a qualified criminal defense attorney could answer. In irder to answer sych an attorney would need, at a minimum, a copy of the Criminal Complaint and all the information you could provide in a private conversation. You need to devote your time to securing a goid attorney. The solution to your legal problem will not appear here; I guarantee it. Good luck and post no more details anywhere in the Internet.


Stop posting information about the case and retain an aggressive criminal defense attorney to represent you.


You should definitely hire an attorney and not try to explain yourself to the police, nothing good can come of those conversations.

Stew Crawford, Jr. Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063


All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.