Skip to main content

Im a permanent resident with an expired card afraid of getting deported I commited auto theft how can I fix this?

Dallas, TX |

I came to this country when I was 3 months did not get permanent resident till I was 12 my parents got citizenship when I was 19 .I got deffered adjucation for auto theft at 17 when my card expired they advised against me renewing it for fear of deportation Im 36 years old and not married but a single parent I also have one DWI that happened when I was 25 and thats it I wanna fix this and tired of living in fear what are my chances of getting deported?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. Bring your immigration papers and your criminal conviction documents.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



Can you recommend a lawyer in Dallas ,TX?


The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.