Skip to main content

Im a company truck driver company has us down as contract labior (owner operater) been in accident company has no workers comp

Mcallen, TX |

what can i do still need mecidal care cant work live in tx 956 221-0219 Ric

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Even if they don't have workers comp, you may still have a claim. Who caused your accident? If it's a company other than your employer, you could have a claim against them as well. There are several ways you can get medical care after an accident like this. I suggest you go to this page of our website and get some valuable information on your situation:


From your brief facts it appears that you were in an accident while working. If the accident was caused by someone you do not work with, then you have a potential third-party case that falls outside the scope of any worker’s comp. claim. You need to talk with a local worker’s comp. attorney ASAP.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Even if your company does not have workers' comp insurance, you may still have a claim for damages. Anytime a worker is injured on the job it is important to discuss the details with a good attorney. You may have a claim against another company, another driver or a nonsubscriber claim against your company depending on the specifics of what happened.


Call a workers compensation attorney today.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.