Skip to main content

Im 17 and pregnant by a 19 year old. it was consent but c.p.s is trying to get involved and i just want to know my rights.

Plattsburgh, NY |

I don't want to see the dad get in trouble I may have conceived when I was 16 but in not 100% sure yet and he wants to be at all the doctor visits but just doesn't want to get taken away from his family? I just don't know what to do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you had sex when you were 16 the boy faces possible arrest.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Consult with a lawyer in private. Your communications online can sink the boyfriend and the ultimate sufferer of all this will be an innocent child.

Good luck.


CPS is involved because they want some other than the state to pay for the child's care. At 17 how is this child going to be supported is the question that the state has

Call for a free consultation any time 718-263-6800. We are here to help

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer