Skip to main content

II was in an auto and pedestrian accident, do I need a lawyer?

Oceanside, CA |

I was using a crosswalk, after pushing the button for the walk signal to say it was safe. After about 6 feet across this big SUV pulled out and hit me so hard, that I landed on the ground a few feet from him.
A policeman arrived on scene and took a report from the driver and me and 2 witnesses. I was in so much pain and disoriented so an ambulance took me to the hospital. I was X rayed and they found no broken bones. I was released the same day. For the next few days my left arm was in a lot pain and my whole body was sore.
In a week I am having nerve test done to see why my arm hurts so bad. It has been 2 weeks.
I received a police report and found out the guy never reported it to his insurance company. They did contact him though and a representative came out to talk to me.
I am feeling better except for my arm. It has been a very long 2 weeks, and I haven't been able to do much of anything.

If I find out that I have no serious injuries do I still need a lawyer?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am very sorry to hear about your incident and glad you are feeling better. It is always very important not give a recorded statement to the other parties insurance company. They are trying to lock you into a statement before you have the advice of an attorney. Personal injury attorneys are typically paid on a contingency basis, therefore, it doesn't cost you anything unless they make a recovery on your behalf. Because you were taken by ambulance to the hospital and have followed up with other physicians, you may have outstanding medical bills. Additionally, you do have some residual symptoms with your arm and may have nerve damage. For these reasons, you may want to protect your intersts and retain a personal injury attorney in your area on a contingency basis that will not charge you for fees or costs unless they recover.


You have what we call in personal injury, a great case. Do not talk to the insurance company, and call me immediately for a free consultation at 800-816-1529. Use extension 1.

Go to my website at if you like to read about pedestrian accidents.

You say that you do now have serious injuries and that there are no broken bones. That may be true, but call me to discuss what you may be entitled to here.

Remember only a fool has himself for a client. You do not want to handle this case on your own.



You should definitely contact an attorney in your area and see about enforcing your rights to damages - you were hurt by the SUV and they should pay you some money for your pain and suffering, etc. Don't use a huge personal injury lawyer w/ TV ads everywhere - use a reputable lawyer who has been given to you by a trusted friend. Watch out for rip off personal injury lawyers!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer