Skip to main content

If your parents do not terminate their parental rights to you but you are in a bad environment how do you get out.

Pompano Beach, FL |

I am in a really bad environment at home and i am trying to get out and I am not 16 yet to get emancipated in the state of Florida and i know my parents wont consent to terminate their parental rights but i have someone willing to adopt me how do i get out of this conflict?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I believe this was previously posted. Are you being abused? If so contact DCF.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


I agree that this was previously asked and answered.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


We really can't help you from here. You need to help yourself and report the abuse to DCF to get things rolling. Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


If you are in a dangerous situation or in a home with environmental hazards, etc, the best advice is to contact the Department of Children and Families (DCF). Call them at (800)96-ABUSE. You can even be anonymous but the best thing to know is that you are not alone. Also, this entire process is lengthy (not the DCF portion). You will have to get parental rights terminated and then adoptive parents have to go through a lot, too.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer