Skip to main content

If you violate your probation do you go to court again or just back to jail?

Rushville, IN |

If you've gotten violated is it unlawful for you to just go back to county then prison never going back to court

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Most jurisdictions will charge you with violation of probation, arrest you on the new charge, then go through the trial process to find you guilty or not guilty of the violation. During this process, you may be held in jail between your initial arrest and your trial. It is unlikely that your probation could be revoked without a court hearing. You should contact your attorney for the original charge, and ask them to explain the probation revocation process to you. If you did not have a charge, you should contact an attorney yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer