Skip to main content

If you quit a job and have keys to the business and move forgetting to return them can the business change the locks and take

Crowley, TX |

the money out of your owed pay and hold or use all your check? Moved 1 month and 4 days ago next pay day afterward was June 14th 2013.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


They cannot take money out of your check without written authorization for it. You should file a wage claim to recover your wages.

Even though your employer cannot take the money out of your check, you probably owe your employer the cost of changing the locks.

Keith Dewitt Peterson

Keith Dewitt Peterson


I agree with Mr. Kielich. If you desire to make a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), you should act promptly. You have limited time, which i believe is 180 days, to file with the TWC. The effort to make this claim may not be worth the amount involved.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer