Skip to main content

If you have physical injuries which were inflicted within the medical facilities, what type of lawyers do you hire?

Los Angeles, CA |

Is it medical malpractice lawyer or the personal injury? "Medical malpractice" sounds like some "mistakes" occurred. If you are sure the injuries were result of premeditated criminal acts on the part of the health care provider organization and systematically covered up by further victimizing the victim, will it be still the medical malpractice lawyer’s domain?

By going to the medical malpractice lawyers, it seems they would automatically assume some mistakes occurred. Are there lawyers specialized in criminal investigations which occur within the medical facilities or by the health care providers, men or women?

The victim is very sure that she was criminally victimized and wants the defendants' apologies.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You should contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Whether the claim is medical negligence or something else, such attorneys will be more well-versed in the special issues that arise in all injuries in a medical facility


Either a medical malpractice lawyer or personal injury lawyer will work, and most do both. You may search Avvo for a lawyer in your state. Good luck to you.

Free Consultation. 1-877-258-3083. Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted.


It sounds more like personal injury than medical malpractice. However, if the victim just wants apologies, I am wondering if there are substantial enough damages to warrant a lawsuit.

The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author (who is only admitted to practice law in the State of California). For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


As always, the highest regard should be given to the information provided by your local attorneys.


Medical malpractice is a kind of personal injury. Intentional torts also fall under this category. A seasoned medical malpractice attorney should fit the bill here.


You must provide more facts to determine if this case warrants either areas of law. You can call almost any law firm in your area for a free consultation to get answers more definite in nature. Good luck.

ATTORNEY DISCLAIMER TO THE ABOVE ANSWER: The information that I have provided to you is for general information purposes only and shall not be construed as legal advice for your individual circumstance. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and you should consult with an attorney in your State directly so that the attorney has the full facts, documents, and an account from other witnesses that help support your contentions. If you like my comment, please click on the thumbs-up link below.



Not very helpful answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer