Skip to main content

If you have indigent status on a case, will it follow with a change of venue?

Wesley Chapel, FL |

My case is in Hernando County Florida and I have good cause to have it moved to Paco county Florida . I have been in a modification for 2 years now and am thinking of a change of venue . Will my indigent status follow and be granted , or will I need to file again in the new county ? From what the clerk tells me , the status will remain until the case is closed out .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The clerks are the ones who determine indigency, although if you don't agree with their determination, you can ask for a hearing before a judge. Most likely the Hernando clerk is telling you how they do it in Hernando. It may or may not be the same in another county.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******


I agree with Ms. Morcroft. each clerk can do things differently. However, chances are your status will not change.

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC


Each county is different you will have to file for indigent status again. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer