Skip to main content

If you have been detained by border patrol and have been punished for life from the US would you be in the immigration system?

Garland, TX |

my dad has been missing since April 9, in his attempted to cross back illegally from Nuevo Laredo to Laredo Texas. The person who supposed to be crossing him back is stating he was cought by immigration but i have looked him up in the system and hes name does not show, I called border patrol and they are stating they cant give any information out ? What can I do next? Or how can i file a missing person report?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you would be

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


The online system isn't perfect ... if you don't get the family name perfect, it will say that the person isn't in the system. Try variations of the two family names with, and without, a hyphen.

Otherwise, if you know exactly where he was arrested ... hire a lawyer to meet with the Border Patrol.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



Question do you know what border patrol would be in Laredo? I dont know for sure were I just know that he was crossing thourgh Laredo

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


I'm sure that the lawyer you meet with will know the correct people to contact. Also, he/she will have access to phone numbers that you won't have.


Yes, the person will be in the system, but allow for the time for the info to be processed and misspellings. The best thing to do is to hire an attorney who will look for your dad.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer