Skip to main content

If you have a check stubb and it has a co payment taken out and that person wont give it to u what do u do

Bland, VA |

I have a check stubb from (PPL) Public Partnerships and it has a $251 co payment taken out and the person that I worked for will not give me the money at all for it, So what do I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Are you talking about wages? In most states, if you are not paid your wages, the state labor commissioner or other public official has the legal obligation to pursue this money on your behalf. Call your state government and ask the operator to connect you to the right number - state telephone operators know everything!

Hope this perspective helps!


State and federal wage and hour laws prohibit withholding any money from your paycheck (except taxes) without your permission. If you did not agree to this, call the Department of Labor for assistance.

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.