Skip to main content

If you go to court and request a continuance can they still take you into custody?

Long Beach, CA |

Being charged for Grand Theft, no prior record of any kind

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, if the court is bent on taking you into custody for any reason and you are unable to persuade the court to do otherwise. Obtain counsel and increase your chance of success at that hearing and the rest of your case.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.


Yes they can but if this is post conviction they probably won't if you're complying and just want more tie. If this is pretrial then your attorney should ask for the continuance.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456


They can take you into custody. You should appear with an attorney.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.